Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Titanic: An Interactive History Adventure

The Titanic: An Interactive History Adventure

By Bob Temple

Published by Capstone Press (2008)

Reading Level: Ages 9-12 years

Pages: 112

Genre: Nonfiction, choose your own adventure


Summary: This book teaches you about the Titanic by making the reader one of the passengers and letting us choose what we do. I started an aristocrat. I had a nice room. I mett up with a new acquaintance and met his family. After dinner i went to bed but was awakened and told to go on deck. I try to find my friend but I'm late to get a life boat and I listen to the Ship's band play a hymn and I got to my room to die in my luxurious room. My second time I was a crew member that works on the Deck with the third class passengers. I learn that we've hit an iceburg shortly after the incident happens and i have to warn the third class passengers. I let them out and help them find life jackets. I decide to helpin the wireless room. The captain comes in and tells everyone to go, even though he will go down with the ship. I try to swim to a life boat but I die. In my last story I travel third class on my way to start a new life in America. I enjoy the activities for the third class and when invited to go to a sing I consent. As I'm going to bed I hear the engines cut out but think nothing of it and go to sleep. I am awakened by screaming and the ship tilting. I try to hold on to a door frame but I loose my grip and and fall, hitting my head and loosing consciousness. I'm unconsous when I drown.

My Reaction: I'm sick of dying. I even tried to make choices that would keep me alive on my last time and I still died. I'm glad I wasn't on the Titanic because I would have died. Besides that i thought this was a great way to teach about the Titanic.

Potential Problems: Death, as sinking ship

Recommendations: I would recommend this to any who like choose-your-own-adventure stories and to those interested in the history of the Titanic. I recommended this to my thirteen year old siter because she is studying the Titanic for one fo her classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment