Thursday, March 31, 2011

Miles of Smiles

Miles of Smiles (Kids Pick the Funniest Poems)
By Bruce Lansky
Published by Meadowbrook (2004)
Reading Level: Ages 4-8 years
Pages: 128
Genre: Humor, Poetry

Summary: This is a book of Poetry that Lansky found children like. He said that he's noticed kids most like poems that are funny and tell some truth about life. He has the poems separated into several categories dealing with things like family, school, and crazy stories. My favorite is one about a short guy that had to look his tall girlfriend in the belly button. I also like the one about Veronica Blaire that put her hair a giant bun on her head and bees built a hive in there and Veronica is eaten by a bear.

My Reaction: I laughed. then I shard the poem with my roommates and they laughed too.

Potential Problems: some potty humor.

Recommendations: I would recommended this to all elementary school students, and probable most middle school and college students.

No comments:

Post a Comment