Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Magic Kitchen Cookbook

Disney The Magic Kitchen Cookbook
By Stephanie Karpinske
Published by Disney (2007)
Reading Level: Ages 4-8 years
Pages: 128
Genre: Informational, Nonfiction

Summary: This book starts out giving basic information about cooking. It gives safety precautions, directions about how to measure ingredients, and what to do before you start cooking and after. They define basic terms used in cooking and identify the different utensils. We learn about good nutrition and exercise. The cookbook is separated into seven sections, the first I already described, the others go as follows: Breakfasts, lunch, dinner, deserts, and party foods. All of the recipes and instructions have the help of a Disney character. There are recipes for things like salads, muffins, fruit foods, sandwiches, healthy deserts. They tried to make all the recipes healthy and well balanced. The book ends with space to keep a food and exercise journal.
My Reaction: I love nearly everything Disney. I loved all the information and how easy it was to understand. I also think the recipes looked easy to follow and make. I can't wait to try some.

Potential Problems: None

Recommendations: I think anyone that love to cook and try new recipes would like this. I would also recommend this to parents that want ideas for activities to do with children and to children in second grade to fifth.

No comments:

Post a Comment