Friday, March 26, 2010

Wednesday Wars


The Wednesday Wars
By Gary D. Schmidt
Published By Clarion Books (2007)

Genre: humor, family, friends and society

Disclaimer: So funny that you might cry from laughing so hard.

Pages: 272

Holling Hoodhood is in the seventh grade and he is sure his teacher hates him. He is the only student that has nowhere to go on Wednesday afternoons so his teacher has to come up with things for him to do. He gets to learn Shakespeare and clean erasers. He also lives in the Perfect House. His dad expects him to takeover the family business when he is old enough and his sister is hippie, to the dismay of the father. Through the semester he learns several skills and gains many experiences because of his Wednesday afternoons with his teacher. Many happen in a humorous way.

I loved this book. It had so much wit and humor. I was reading it in class and started laughing so hard my face turned red and tears rolled down my face because I was trying not to disturb the people around me. I thought I was going to need to excuse myself. There are also some amazing messages shared through this story and so much to take away. I also found out my sister read this book in school and she enjoyed this book as well. READ IT!


A fan made video I thought was cute.

Other books by Gary D. Schmidt:
  • Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy
  • The Wonders of Donal O'Donnell
  • Mara's Stories: Glimmers in the Darkness
  • Pilgrim's Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment