Friday, March 26, 2010

Carver a Life in Poems

Carver a Life in Poems
By Marilyn Nelson

Published by Front Street imprint of Boyds Mills Press (2001)

Pages: 103

Genre: Biography, Poetry

This book is about George Washington Carver. It talks about his parents leaving him and being brought up by another couple. He had a love for learning and worked hard. He went to college and became a professor eventually. Carver was a good example of charity and did a lot of work teaching others. He also discovered a lot of things to do with peanuts. His life is told in poems from the point of view of those that knew him.

I thought this was a good book and easy to understand and I loved the poetry! I didn't know very much about Carver before I read this book but I was impressed with what I learned. Not only did he do a lot of research, but he was a good person and he impacted all that came to know him because of his love for God and man. This book gave me a drive to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment