Friday, March 26, 2010

Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn


Kingdom Keepers II: Disney at Dawn (audio)
By Ridley Pearson
Published By Brilliance Audio (2008)

Duration: 6 hrs, 48 min.

Genre: Fantasy, Fiction, Science Fiction, Supernatural

Disclaimer: May give the reader longings to go the Walt Disney World.

Overview for the series: This is a futuristic fantasy that happens in the Walt Disney World amusement park. The DHI's are Holograms designed to be interactive tour guides. Five kids make it through the auditions and provide the models for these Interactive Hosts. They got money to help with college and gold tickets for themselves and their parents that allow them to come to the park anytime they want. What they didn't realize is that being a DHI would require more than they thought. When the kids go to sleep they "cross over" and become their holograms. They learn there is real magic at the parks and that the attractions come to life when all the guests leave. Soon they are doing their best to keep the "over takers", a bunch of evil magic doers, including Maleficent, from taking of Walt Disney World.

Disney at Dawn: I listened to this one on CD. In this adventure the kids are trying to find an ally that has been kidnapped by the Overtakers. Their hunt leads them to Animal Kingdom. They learn that the overtaker now have their own DHI technology and their own DHI's but they have also taken over the server for their DHI's so there is no telling what would happen if they fell asleep.

I loved the first book because it was Disney and I used to work there and I loved it! So it made me very nostalgic. The second one happens at Animal Kingdom and that was my least favorite of the parks so I was a little sad about that, but I thought he did a really good job using the setting. And really, Animal Kingdom is the largest of the Walt Disney World parks mileage wise. I wouldn't recommend listening to it like I did, because it was harder to follow, but I would definitely recommend it as a read.

Ridley Pearson with Maleficent

One of my favorite things to do in Disney Parks is collect Pins. This is the Kingdom Keepers Pin.



Other Books By Ridley Pearson:
  • Starcatcher Series (with Dave Barry)
  • Neverland Series (with Dave Barry)
  • Steel Trapp Series
  • Science Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment