Monday, February 28, 2011

Children Just Like Me

Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Childre Around the World

By Barnabus and Anabel Kindersley

Published by DK Publishing, Inc (1995)

Reading Level: ages 9-12 years

Pages: 80

Genre: Nonfiction


Summary: This book is about children from all over the world. They introduce the child, give quotes, tell us what they like, favorite foods, hobbies, school, families, and what clothes they wear. The childen I most enjoyed learning about were Celina from Brazil and Tadesse from Ethiopia. Celina is nine years old and has four sisters and a brother. She has to collect water from a well and she swims in a river that has alligators. She only recently started going to school and she likes to make body paint. Tadesse is also nine years old and lives in an orphenage with three of his four sisters because his mom can't take care of them. He is christian. He eats food that they grow on the orphange's farm. He goes to school and studies his country's native language, among other subjects. His favorite subject is math.

My Reaction: I tought it was really interesting. A great reference book, in fact I think I remeber using this book when I was younger.

Potential Problems: None

Recommendations: I would recommend it as a reference if someone is studyinf different countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment