Monday, February 8, 2010

The Looking Glass Wars

The Looking Glass Wars


By Frank Beddor

Published by Penguin Group (USA) Group (2006)


Genre: Fantasy, Adventure


Disclaimer: Violence


Pages: 384


Alyss, a little girl with a powerful imagination, just happens to be the princess of Wonderland. Redd is Alyss's aunt and Redd is mad that she isn't queen. She invades Alyss's home and kills Alyss's parents. A good family friend saves Alyss, but it takes them both to a completely different world where Alyss struggles to keep her identity. In Wonderland, all those that are faithful to white magic stuggle to save the Kingdom from Redd. Unfortunately, they dont know Alyss is alive, until she returns, but there is still the question of whether or not she is up to being queen.


I loved this book. My heart cried for Alyss's friend, Dodge. I can't wait to see how his character evolves through the next books. I also loved the maze that Alyss went through, I thought it was masterfully done. I really loved what was done with Alyss's character. I like the caliber of person the author made her.

No comments:

Post a Comment